05 May 2009

The good life.

I'm in my room baking
with my easy-bake oven.
I stacked four books up
on top of a chair
and climbed up to get it.
I just wanted a
chocolate sprinkle cake.
Mom smelled my baking
and came to check on me.
She wasn't happy.
Now my nose is
pressed to the corner

Now i'm turning the dial
24...2...18.
Open.
I drop the key to my diary
next to the locket
and my favorite
cookie flavored chapstick.
When the door to
my red plastic vault closes
I can say,
"Oh, you want to borrow some
chapstick?
If you can get to it,
you can use it."
They'll never get to it.
Chapstick and diary?
Safe.

I look back at myself wearing
my favorite teddy bear vest,
Baking a chocolate sprinkle cake
and locking up
my most prized posessions.
Always thinking of
what's best for me.
Cake, keys and style...
The only things you need
to live
the good life.


Any "ess's" you want to say are appreciated!

3 comments:

  1. That was really cute! I love "Cake, keys and style.. The only things you need to live the good life" SOO True! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awh that was so cute!!
    the ending was great. I could picture all this perfectly while reading it. I really liked your first stanza.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like this cor.
    it really captures the easy bake oven craze
    as well as the attitude of little girls

    ReplyDelete