04 May 2009

Memory Book Madness

This a poem about my favorite childhood toy.... (Btw Stephie, I would like her back ASAP).. Mmk.. I haven't thought of a title yet so any sort of input would be well appreciated. As well as input on the poem itself because I know my sentence structure and rhyming is a little off! K. Thanks.

I have a best friend
her name is Meme Bear.
Full of love and loose stuffing,
she holds my secrets tight
and is my second pair of eyes.

She sees me crying when I'm sad
and laughing when I'm happy.
I toss her in the air,
drag her on the ground,
but I still know she is around.

She is the apple of my eye
and never says 'Goodbye'.
She always stays by my side,
but never seems to abide.

Remembering now it's very clear,
that she took away my every fear.
I will never find the love she gave,
but I will always have the memories made.

2 comments:

  1. i almost shed a tear reading this poem.
    poor poor meme bear.
    i guess the lamb down the slide wasnt enough,
    way to steal the bear steph.
    i like your poem tho...
    surprisingly. haha not
    jkjk.
    good job cj

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awhhhhhhh. I had a whoobie. i couldn't do anything without that thing. lol.


    your first stanza and half your second stanza doesnt rhyme like the rest of your stanzas do. i didnt know if you did that on purpose or not. just thought i would throw that out there though. good work! :]

    ReplyDelete